What a fabulous experience - your support and advice couldn't have been better. We are very grateful to you for the entire organization and I will not hesitate to recommend you to future families who want their children to live this adventure of not only learning a language, but also learning to live with other cultures, which is very, very enriching.
It was hard to leave Spain, but happy to see that in Canada things are working smoothly. We had a quick video call with Lara - she is doing great. Thanks in advance for your help on this mission!
Mairi, thank you for having her over in Madrid. It was great knowing you were there if something was to happen. I hope the language skills she has picked up will motivate her to up her game in Spanish.
If you’re looking for an enriching TY Experience or gap year for your teen, you’ve come to the right place!
Native Experiences offer TY experiences of High School Integration with home stay, and works hand in hand with the best Boarding Schools & Language Academies in Spain, France & Canada. Whatever your child's objective, we can provide a personalised and fun learning opportunity for your teenager during Transition Year.
I can also help you obtain a TY Experience or Gap Year Abroad in Switzerland, Australia and New Zealand. Details will soon come to life on this web page.
About Mairi Murphy
Hi, I’m Mairi Murphy, director of Native English Experiences!
“Celtic” by self-definition, I was born & raised in Scotland, my father was from Cork and I spent many holidays with family in Dublin.
My husband is Spanish and we have lived in Madrid for 16 years. Before Spain, we have lived in Paris, Cuba, Hungary, England and Australia. We have 4 children in secondary and primary education who are French & Spanish born, and bilingual English/ Spanish. They have all had independent academic or camp experiences abroad and each time I find it a fascinating learning adventure critical for their development as young people. I'm glad you feel the same.
Process to book your TY Experience
- Quick chat on the phone (via Calendly if you like)
- Interview with mum/ dad (& in Spanish for child) via Skype/ Facetime. I am often in Ireland so I can sometimes meet in person too.
- Confirm interest to proceed via Expression of Interest. Make sure to tick the TY Experience you are interested in and fill out the form completely.
- Send copy of passport
- Send names, occupations & full contact details of both parents
- Sign contract & pay non-refundable deposit of 150€*
- I then give you my recommendation on which boarding school is best suited to your child given their interests and character, liaise with school for interview (as necessary) and help you every step of the way in the TY Experience application process till airport pick up and purchase of uniform.
- If the request is for a Homestay and local school, I start my research for suitable schools and families & organise a Facetime introduction with Host Family before departure.
- Payment of Native Experiences Fees: 500€/ child for personalised consultation and organisation of whatever adventure(s) you prefer to opt for during the TY year.
- Each student should be ready to write an auto-biography for the school &/or host family so we can match him/ her with suitable family. Include plenty of photos of child and whole family.
- Both Irish student and Host Family, must sign a code of conduct to ensure they understand what is expected of them during this Cultural & Linguistic Experience.
- All costs exclude flights & only Canada includes private insurance