What a fabulous experience - your support and advice couldn't have been better. We are very grateful to you for the entire organization and I will not hesitate to recommend you to future families who want their children to live this adventure of not only learning a language, but also learning to live with other cultures, which is very, very enriching.
It was hard to leave Spain, but happy to see that in Canada things are working smoothly. We had a quick video call with Lara - she is doing great. Thanks in advance for your help on this mission!
Mairi, thank you for having her over in Madrid. It was great knowing you were there if something was to happen. I hope the language skills she has picked up will motivate her to up her game in Spanish.
If you’re looking for an enriching TY Experience or gap year for your teen, you’ve come to the right place!
Native Experiences offer TY experiences of High School Integration with home stay, and works hand in hand with the best Boarding Schools & Language Academies in Spain, France & Canada. Whatever your child's objective, we can provide a personalised and fun learning opportunity for your teenager during their Transition Year.
I can also help you obtain a TY Experience or Gap Year Abroad in Switzerland, Australia and New Zealand. Details will soon come to life on this web page.
About Mairi Murphy
Hi, I’m Mairi Murphy, director of Native English Experiences!
“Celtic” by self-definition, I was born & raised in Scotland, my father was from Cork and I spent many holidays with family in Dublin.
My husband is Spanish and we have lived in Madrid since 2008. Before Spain, we lived in Paris, Cuba, Hungary, England and Australia. We have four children in the education system in Spain who are French & Spanish born, and bilingual English/ Spanish. They have all had independent academic or camp experiences abroad and each time I find it a fascinating learning adventure critical for their development as young people. I'm glad you feel the same.
- Process to book your TY Experience
- Quick chat on the phone - click the red free consultation button now and I will call you when convenient.
- Zoom Interview with mum/ dad (& in Spanish/ French for child). I am often in Ireland so I can sometimes meet in person too.
- Confirm interest to proceed by signing our contract.
- Send copy of passport
- Send names, occupations & full contact details of both parents.
- I then give you my recommendation on which educational provider is best suited to your child given their interests and character, liaise with school for interview (as necessary) and help you every step of the way in the TY Experience application process till airport pick up and purchase of uniform.
- I send my invoice when place is confirmed and I have guided you through arrival logistics.
- Payment of Native Experiences Fees: 500€+VAT/ child for personalised consultation and organisation of whatever adventure(s) you prefer to opt for during their TY Experience. This is a termly fee.
- No recommendations will be given before signing my contract.
- Each student should be ready to write an autobiography for the school &/or host family so we can match him/ her with suitable family. Include plenty of photos of child and whole family.
- Both Irish student and Host Family, must sign a code of conduct to ensure they understand what is expected of them during this Cultural & Linguistic Experience.
- All costs exclude flights & only Canada includes private insurance